It’s getting to be that time of year. As much as I love summer and all the fun times it brings, it feels good to bust out the boots, jeans, and sweaters. If I had a dollar for every time I heard about pumpkin-this or pumpkin-spice-that this week, I would be able to afford some new Lulu! It seems that pumpkin spice is the hashtag of the week…#pumpkinspice. Fall is certainly in the air; the leaves are tired; and I am cold in the morning.
I found a recipe for a pumpkin spice latte on Pinterest and adapted it based on ingredients I had. You could always buy one of these treats from Starbucks or Dunkins, but I assure you, if you eat clean/Paleo you will not feel good after you drink one of those dairy/sugar bombs. This recipe is actually fairly nutritious and gives you the caffeine that you crave (if you’re like me). It will also keep your bank account full.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
1. Approx. 1 cup of strong coffee of espresso.
2. 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin-pie filling)
3. 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
4. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
5. 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
6. 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk (I’m a fan of unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
7. Sweetener of choice (optional). (I like 1 tsp. maple syrup)
1. Brew coffee. I double brew so it’s strong.
2. Heat coconut or almond milk in the microwave so it doesn’t cool the coffee too much.
3. Add both liquids into blender or Ninja.
4. Add all other ingredients.
5. Blend and serve.