I wish I’d taken a picture of this when I made it. We ended up eating it all because it was so yummy. The recipe can be tweaked or adapted to feed a larger crowd. I was also totally winging it so these are my best guestimates with measurements. I will update this post when I make it again.
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 clove finely minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 3-4 cups of kale or baby kale, whichever you prefer
- 1-2 cups of freshly cooked, hot rice (heat will help to wilt kale)
- Optional add-ins: avocado, grape tomatoes, black beans, chickpeas
- You could also use quinoa instead of rice for protein
– Add kale to a large mixing bowl
– Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar, close lid tightly and shake it like you mean it!
– Pour dressing over kale and mix it with your hands, squeeze/massage the kale to marinate it with dressing.
– Add hot rice and mix well.
– Add other optional ingredients
– Mixed with sauteed ground beef with Mexican seasonings
– As a side with grilled chicken or other protein
– As a main meal if made with quinoa, beans, additional veggies